Did you know that at least 20% of businesses fail within their first year?👀
And sadly, the ones that fail are most likely minority-owned, veteran-owned, women-owned businesses … 👀👀
As an indigenous female business owner for more than 20 years, I realize firsthand the real, societal barriers that can make the entrepreneurial journey especially difficult, from racism, homophobia and discrimination, to sexism, ableism and fatphobia.
However, there’s another hurdle I’ve seen among so many clients – they hold themselves back in some of the following ways:
- They sabotage themselves and believe the lies society has told them – directly and indirectly… lessons learned over time from family, friends, colleagues, clergy, media.
- They believe they’re not “enough” – good, smart, savvy or quick enough… but try to convince everyone they know all the answers.
- They’re looking for love or direction – holding onto things that aren’t good for them… in a hurry to get free of the pressure. So they just go, do and check it all off the list, like a robot.
- They avoid confrontation and truth… and they never know when enough *is* enough.
Sadly, they’re just trying to prove themselves to themselves. The truth is, they want approval, acceptance, validation, love – respect – from others, but hold on.
Here’s the truth: You will never find real, true fulfillment in your life and work that way.
For true success, you MUST show up as YOU every single day.
It’s time to get CLARITY, and by that, I mean:
- Brutal, radical honesty…
- Transparency with every single person you come into contact with…
- Identifying who you are, what you want and why you want it…
- Identifying the kinds of people, pay and projects you want, for the real reasons you want them…
Why does this matter? Because when it comes to your business, career, and life – YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAS TO DECIDE.
So just be your own unique self, because when show up in the world as YOU, the right people will come, the right projects will come and the right PAY will come.
To hear more tips and get the full scoop on how to start getting clarity, scroll back up and hit PLAY!
As you go about your day, think about these questions:
- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- And this is the doozy, which will help you start to parse it all out – WHY do I want what I say I want?
- If you get stuck, go back and listen to this episode later before you sit down to do this, and if you haven’t already, revisit the Expectations (i.e. episodes 3, 4, 5 and 6.)
Take the plunge. 💦 Sign up for my email list to get notifications on new podcast episodes, free resources, behind the scenes activities, VIP Pre-Public Access, discounts, and more!